Sunday, April 25, 2010

I deleted k-lite codec pack and now Windows Movie Maker doesn't work. What do I do?

Last month, I downloaded k-lite codec pack for some software I was using at the time. Last night I removed the codec pack. During the uninstall process, a series of little boxes came up asking me if I wanted to remove various dll files and I said yes to all. Bad idea, I know, I was stupid. Anyway, later when I tried to open windows movie maker, I'd get a little box saying "xvidcore.dll not found" a few times, and then I'd get the notice that wmm had a problem and needs to close, and it would. Sending error reports gave me no solutions. Tonight I reinstalled K-lite and now it no longer tells me that xvidcore.dll is missing, but wmm still keeps closing on me. I'm trying to get a project done and I'm in the middle of it. What do I do?



I deleted k-lite codec pack and now Windows Movie Maker doesn't work. What do I do?ies



USE SYSTEM RESTORE



START ............ALL PROGRAMS



ACCESSORIES............SYSTEM TOOLS



SYSTEM RESTORE



RESTORE IT TO A TIME BEFORE YOU DELETED THE



SOFTWARE



WORKS ONLY IF YOU HAVE IT TURNED ON



AND YOU HAVE SOME RESTORE POINTS



IF YOU CAN RESTORE YOUR SYSTEM TO THAT TIME



WIN MOVIE MAKER WILL WORK AGAIN



OR TRY UN-INSTALLING IT COMPLETELY



START,,SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND DEFAUTS



CHANGE/REMOVE PROGRAMS



AND THEN RE-INSTALL



OR



DOWNLOAD MUVEE AUTO-PRODUCER 5.0



WORKS IN A SIMILAR WAY



I deleted k-lite codec pack and now Windows Movie Maker doesn't work. What do I do?windows update internet explorer



Not a big deal, go to start (settings) control panel, add remove programs and delete Moviemaker.



Shut down your computer, reboot and then go and reload Movie Maker.
Yes, I agree with the 1st poster.



Just reinstall WMM. That'll reinstall any corrupted and/or missing files.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans